Why join us?
Each Indonesian Center has 1-4 co-Directors and other local staff. The Lead Director of Indonesia will oversee the Co-Directors, local staff and programs at all Indonesian centres. This role includes:
● Training new Co-Directors in the various at-centre tasks they must complete in order to keep the centre running smoothly.
● Travelling around the 3 centers that IHF has in Indonesia throughout the year, ensuring that each is well maintained and properly run. Staying 2-4 weeks in each center when visiting.
● Work on the legal structure of the organization. Help update and obtain the required legal documents.
● Help develop local contacts around the different areas IHF has programs.
● Overseeing some of the operations and finances of the organisation in Indonesia.
● Innovating ideas to improve the organisation’s programmes.
● Work online in several key areas of the organization: such as the HR, Marketing, Quality Control and Fundraising department.
● Report on a weekly basis to the Executive Director.
This work will be challenging, but you will hone your time management skills and be an essential part of the functioning of an all-volunteer run, grassroots NGO. This is an opportunity to shape the company’s future as well as your own. You will gain a better understanding of international NGOs.
What you’ll need for this position?
● This position is only available for Indonesian nationals.
● Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
● At least 5 years of professional experience (at least 2 years in a managerial position). Preferred experience working or volunteering with an international NGO.
● Co-directors must commit to serve at least two years in this role.
● We value creativity and innovation, the will to take responsibility and the ease to adapt to new conditions and unexpected situations.
● We welcome applicants with any background, but prefer degrees in business, finances, social studies, languages, education, and social work.
● Experience abroad will be an asset.
Each IHF center is a product of its environment and follows the cultural code and norms of its host country. That’s why you will need to swing in evolving and adapting and be the proud owner of a high intercultural sensitivity by showing your tolerance and respect to different views and ways of life.
Ok, but what about the pay?
As a Lead Director, you will receive a salary of US$300. Basic accommodation and food is provided by IHF at its Centers. This position is based in Jakarta.
Candidates are subject to a 3 months training and probation period during which they will receive half their stipend.
Strict IHF Policy: These stipends are fixed. They will not be raised for more experienced applicants, and everyone will be upgraded according to the timeframes outlined above. There are no exceptions to this rule, regardless of what the situation may be in the center.
Interested? What are you waiting for then?
Let’s get to know each other!
Get to know us through different canals:
● You can read the IHF Annual report 2015 that contains the latest information about IHF Centers, Programs, Achievements, Finances and many more at http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1317609/5a9ccb829e/547236145/08e4c4e6f7/
● Or why not check out our blog, where you can find stories of current and former volunteers http://ihfblog.wordpress.com/home/
● You can also read about us at http://rt.wildasia.org/2013/10/25/2013-inspiring-stories-destinations/ were you will see that we won the “Inspiring Story — Responsible Tourism Award” in 2013! And our great ratings at http://greatnonprofits.org/org/international-humanity-foundation-1
Now you are more familiar with us, give us the chance to get to know you by sending us a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and any questions to email@example.com .
About International Humanity Foundation
Half of IHF's mission is to educate the poor and the other half is to educate the world about the poor. Our vision is to strive for a world of leaders and citizens who have interacted with, and are truly knowledgeable about the world's poor. We believe in a "pass it on" philosophy where education is free and available for all who seek it. Those of us who have received a free education pass it on by helping others less fortunate by teaching, interacting and learning. With just a few hours a week, our volunteers, children and sponsors are changing the world we live in.
IHF is a nonreligious, nonpolitical, nonprofit organization that strongly believes in an equal opportunity for all and in preserving the cultures, traditions and beliefs of the marginalized communities it works in.