- the USAID/OFDA FY 2015 annual report,
- the OFDA Fact Sheet,
- OFDA’s 50th Anniversary webpage,
- OFDA’s 50 Years of Saving Lives animation,
- USAID’s Nepal Earthquake response infographic, and
- Templates for USAID/OFDA’s sector updates, USG fact sheets, and other products.
Duties include but not limited to:
- In coordination with the ISU and/or the Strategic Communications Team, conceptualize and develop infographics and other visual representations that effectively communicate USAID/OFDA’s work to public and internal USG audiences.
- Conceptualize and develop design solutions and templates for a wide variety of projects, including internal and external information products, multimedia and print media materials, the USAID/OFDA annual report, conference and event materials, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, exhibit/signage materials, online products, and USAID/OFDA-related content on the USAID website.
- Act as design consultant to staff by collaboratively developing clear visual representations and infographics that communicate humanitarian programs or concepts, as well as current USAID priorities and strategies.
- Other duties as assigned, including providing basic training on graphic design software to members of the ISU.
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Fine Arts, or a related discipline is required. The Graphic Designer must be motivated to keep up with new or evolving computer graphics and design trends independently.
- One to two years of work experience in a graphic design role. Must demonstrate professional graphic design experience with strong graphic design portfolio, incorporating infographics and data visualization; experience in creating interactive charts and infographics extremely desirable. Experience with developing the layout for sizable reports and familiarity with tagging for 508 compliance is also desirable.
- Familiarity with humanitarian and disaster relief issues, USG agencies, and strategic messaging is a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work and design on Apple iMac, and familiarity working on Windows/PCs
- Highly creative and innovative artistic talent
- Strong conceptual-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to self-manage large and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but also function effectively as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio or portfolio link. Please submit these items as attachments to preserve formatting.
Only applications with a resume, cover letter, and portfolio or portfolio link submitted by 11:59 p.m. on August 13, 2017, will be considered; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Macfadden is an employee-owned, international professional services corporation that applies integrated information technology solutions and program/project management expertise to help solve critical issues impacting the health, safety and security of the world around us. Since 1986, federal agencies have relied on Macfadden for mission critical support in the areas of international disaster response, development and humanitarian assistance, compliance and monitoring support, information management, and systems engineering and integration.
Today, Macfadden provides innovative solutions that enable our customers to protect America's food supply more efficiently and bring medical breakthroughs to market sooner; rapidly respond to complex international disaster relief efforts; develop and maintain critical government IT financial systems and safeguard key government information systems. We support our customers’ mission to help emerging democracies in Eastern Europe and Eurasia develop their economic infrastructures; help meet compliance requirements and improve transparency through effective records and information management programs; and help preserve many of our nation's most-treasured historical documents through our data capture and digital conversion services. With more than 225 employees, Macfadden is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, with multiple client site operations worldwide.