A career at Meijer is so much more than just a paycheck. Meijer was built on one family’s dream with the goal of helping people and now more than 80 years later that’s exactly what we’ve done and will always do. Today, Meijer is the 19th largest privately held company – with more than 70,000 team members across six Midwest states. As the pioneer of the “one-stop shopping” concept, Meijer values innovation and fresh ideas from each and every Team Member. Meijer also offers countless opportunities for professional career growth, personal enrichment and truly invests in your success. Whether you join one of our retail stores, distribution centers, or corporate offices, as a Meijer Team Member you become more than just an employee…you become a member of the family.
Meijer is seeking candidates for Retail Store Internship opportunities! Join our program to get experience in your field while also learning more about the retail industry and the breadth of career opportunities that support the shopper experience. Your internship will include interaction with other interns, experts in your area of study, and Meijer senior leadership.
The Meijer Retail Store Internship Program will provide college students with a well-rounded retail educational experience that will walk an Intern through all departments of Store Operations. During the student’s internship, they will be guided and supported through the program by a Mentor that was hand-picked to champion our culture and values. Your internship will include interaction with other interns, experts in your area of study, and Meijer senior leadership.
At the end of the Retail Store Internship Program students will be able to:
- Develop valuable managerial skills to succeed in a retail environment
- Have a clear and concise understanding of retail operations
- Potential to participate in the Retail Leadership Development Program
The Meijer Retail Store Internship Program is an experiential education program designed for students currently enrolled in an academic degree program, who are considering future careers in this exciting field.
- Progress toward an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Management, Operations, or related field
- Ability to work flexible shifts (primarily days) to gain exposure to the full operation of the store
- Prior experience in Retail strongly preferred
- Past leadership responsibilities in work or extracurricular activities strongly preferred
- Passion for Retail and a desire to enter a career in store management
- Drive for results – has focus on the bottom line
- Customer focus – dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers
- Relationship Skills – can create positive working relationships with customers, team members, leadership, and other internal and external constituencies
- Communication Skills – conveys the right information in writing and verbally
To apply, please visit jobs.meijer.com and complete an application.
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in six states throughout the Midwest, with over 200 stores and more than 60,000 employees. Our Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 19th largest privately held company in the country. We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health.