Position Title: 4-H SPIN Club Coordinator
Category: AmeriCorps Service Members
Host Site: Michigan State University Extension – Berrien County
Position Type: Full-time, 1700 hours, temporary
Dates of Service: 11/12/2018 – 9/12/2019
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Berrien County 4-H SPIN Club Coordinator will be responsible for delivering SPIN club programming to area schools and/or community partners.
Tasks will include:
● Planning and organizing 20 4-H SPIN (special interest) clubs with volunteers that focus on science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) topics and utilize the 4-H SPIN Club guide, planning worksheet, and record of finances
● Engaging between 90 and 100 new youth in 4-H SPIN club programming
● Recruiting, screening, and training 20 volunteers to serve as club leaders, to provide guest programming, or to otherwise support 4-H SPIN Clubs and associated activities
● Hosting quarterly family engagement nights
● Collecting data and submitting reports to the Site Supervisor and to the 4-H STEAM Corps Program Manager
● At least 18 years of age
● U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
● Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
● Pass the following checks: State of Michigan, DHS Central Registry Clearance, FBI Fingerprinting, and State & National Sex Offender Registry
● Experience working with diverse (multiple ages, ethnicities, religions, etc.) populations
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Passion for science, technology, engineering, art, and/or math (STEAM)
● Knowledge of youth development, volunteer recruitment and management
● Outgoing, confident and able to work in a fast pace environment
This position requires driving as a regular part of the position; carrying educational materials, equipment, etc. up to 25 lbs
Members will receive a living allowance of $13,732 to be distributed bi-weekly at a rate of $572.17 (pre-tax) throughout their service term as well as student loan forbearance for qualified loans. Upon successful completion of service, an education award in the amount of $5,920 will be issued. Members will serve 40 hours/week.
All interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Kelly Stelter, email@example.com.
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer, committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. Michigan State University Extension programs and materials are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status or veteran status. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodations.