Put your talent to work and discover a career path that transforms lives! MRC Industries, Inc. in Kalamazoo, MI has a rewarding opportunity to join our team.
JOB TITLE: Case Manager
REPORTS TO: BridgeWays Program Director
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
POSTING DATE: January 12, 2018
JOB FUNCTIONS: Provides services to individuals with severe and persistent mental illnesses to safely maintain them in the least restrictive setting and reduce the need for psychiatric hospitalization while maintaining and enhancing the individual’s optimal functioning level. Duties include clinical and crisis intervention, assessments, service planning, monitoring, linking to and coordinating services and advocacy.
· Conduct assessments of consumer’s current functioning and stability levels and monitor stability through therapeutic and crisis intervention and support, education, motivation, and direct skills training.
· Act as an advocate for consumers in the mental and public health service system.
· Assist consumers in securing basic needs, medical care, and clinical services.
· Develop service plans based on consumer needs and desires with consumer and service team.
· Assure service plan continues to meet consumer needs and is being followed.
· Assure system paperwork is in place so services can be provided.
· Maintain completed documentation on all consumer and collateral contracts to make sure that all medical and financial needs are being met.
· Assist in crisis intervention by assessing the consumer’s clinical needs and calming agitated individuals.
· Maintain collateral contacts and relationships with others important in the consumer’s life.
· Serve as on-call staff on a rotational basis during business hours.
· Assure the rights of individuals served are protected in accordance with the Michigan Mental Health Code and agency policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Minimum two years’ experience in the mental health field working with the identified target population required
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field required.
· Current LBSW, LMSW or other licensure permitted by the State of Michigan required within 3 months of date of hire.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel) required
· Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment
· Availability of reliable, licensed and insured vehicle for use on the job. A valid Michigan driver’s license and good driving record required.
· A drug screen, driver’s license check, criminal records check and Office of Recipient Rights check are required for this position
· Job requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, stoop, kneeling, crouching or bending as appropriate.
· Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
· Must be able to meet intervention certification requirements (MANDT).
· Must be able to operate a computer keyboard.
· Office environment with noise from computers, copiers and telephones.
· Use of a computer monitor for periods in excess of 30 minutes at a time.
· Driving and travel throughout the greater Kalamazoo area is required.
HOURS: Full-time (40 hours/week)
PAY RANGE: $30,846 – $46,269 + full benefits
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.mrcindustries.org
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, March 2, 2018, 5:00 P.M.
Veterans encouraged to apply.