– Publish your own magazine about Cuba, with a byline on all of your articles, photographs and videos.
– Attend Editorial Meetings with RGNN Editor, where students pitch ideas for articles and articles are assigned.
– Attend Mentoring and Feedback Sessions with RGNN Editor to make sure your work is ready for publication
– Attend interactive Journalism, Photo & Video Workshops with RGNN Experts and Mentors (http://rgnn.org/academy/experts-mentors). Sample workshops include:
o Journalism Workshop: “Travel Writing 101: Potential Markets, Picking a Destination, Landing an Assignment”
o Journalism Workshop: “Get Paid to Travel: Taking Your Travel Writing Career (and Income!) to the Next Level”.
o Photography Workshop: “Tips, Tricks & Techniques to Achieve Better Street Photography”.
o Photography Workshop: “Photojournalism Workshop: Documenting Trinidad, Cuba’s 500 Year-Old Spanish Colonial UNESCO World Heritage Site.”
o Photography Workshop: “Cuba in Photos: Capturing the Iconic History of Havana”
o Photography Workshop: “Prepping Your Cuba Photos for Publication: Feedback Session”
– Link to what our students have published in the past: http://rgnn.org/academy/publications
– Welcome packet
– Accommodation, one week in Havana and one week in Trinidad
– Daily breakfast and lunch
– City tours, guided visits and excursions
– Airport pick-up
– Airport drop-off
– 24 hour local emergency support
– Certification of Portfolio of Published Content
– Internship Seminar Certification
– Letter of Recommendation of Merit, if applicable.
– Certification of Academic Credit. 80 hours of academic credit.
Scholarships of up to 500 Euros available.
Financial aid of 150 Euros available if you bring a friend.
About ROOSTERGNN Global News Network
ROOSTERGNN Global News Network is a non-profit news agency that promotes freedom of expression and journalism education.
With over 700 journalists worldwide, ROOSTERGNN publishes content in English and Spanish, and specializes in investigative, independent and digital journalism.